Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rancho-Alta Loma-Etiwanda?

There has been a long standing feud between people who live in Alta Loma VS Rancho or Etiwanda. The city incorporated in 1977 and joined together but people still use the old names. Is it snobbery? And does the former Alta Loma start at Baseline or 19th?

I was always told and I'd agree that 19th seems the better fit, it is nicer above 19th.

When I moved into the area in 1997 I was told it was Alta Loma buy the guy I was renting a house from above Wilson but I soon figured it out. I worked at an Inland Empire Radio Station for five years and when ever anyone would say Alta Loma I’d tease them.

In some peoples defense the post office on Amethyst says Alta Loma CA.

Here is a Wikipedia article.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alta_Loma,_Rancho_Cucamonga,_California

What do you think? Where do you tell people you live? Tell us! Post your comment here or E mailrchotspots@gmail.com

Scott from Etiwanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment